Program type: Provider to provider
Palmetto Health's pediatric critical care providers are extending their expertise to community hospitals through the use of advanced audiovisual technology.
Smaller hospitals oftentimes cannot support full-time staff who specialize in all the pediatric critical care conditions that they encounter. This regularly leads to automatic transfers of pediatric patients to other hospitals, resulting in delayed care, unnecessary costs, and travel burdens on the patient's family.
With virtual pediatric critical care consultations, community hospitals can utilize Palmetto Health's diverse group of pediatric specialists and feel confident in keeping their patients close to home. When transfers are necessary, our pediatric transport unit is also equipped with this virtual care technology enabling access to specialists anywhere, even during transit.
- Improves time to diagnosis and treatment
- Improves accuracy in determing patient transfers
- Improves confidence of community hospital teams
- Reduces costs for famility in rural communities
- Increases patient and family experience